Action superstar DONNIE YEN (Ip Man) just release through his official Facebook page a couple of images on the set of his next film with the caption “My next film preparation!”
Donnie did not specify exactly which film this is, but judging from these images our best guess is that it may be THE MASTER. ‘The Master’ is set to be directed by CHEANG POU SOI (The Monkey King) and tells the story of a Hong Kong immigrant who becomes a target of revenge after opening up his own Kung Fu school in 1970s America.
In addition to ‘The Master’, Donnie is keeping himself quite busy with a number of projects (in pre-production) lined up next year in 2015:
– DRAGON CITY aka KOWLOON WALLED CITY directed by DEREK KWOK (Gallants), which involves Donnie’s character teaming up with the Hong Kong Police Force and lead a team of elite forces to battle crime and corruption in the dangerous and self-governed walled city, which has since been demolished by the Hong Kong government.
– CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON 2: THE GREEN DESTINY directed by YUEN WOO PING (Iron Monkey) and co-starring MICHELLE YEOH and NICHOLAS TSE.
– IP MAN 3 once again see Donnie teaming up with director WILSON YIP to play the iconic role of Wing Chun master Ip Man. This last chapter in the trilogy will finally see a young Bruce Lee entering the mix.
Also do not forget about the two projects that Donnie just wrapped and are in post-production:
– THE ICEMAN 2, the conclusion to his remake of YUEN BIAO’S classic ‘The Iceman Cometh’.
– KUNG FU JUNGLE directed by TEDDY CHAN (Bodyguards & Assassins) sees Donnie playing a martial arts instructor working at a police academy who gets imprisoned after killing a man by accident. But when a vicious killer starts targeting martial arts masters, the instructor offers to help the police in return for his freedom.
‘The Iceman 2’ will be release at the end of this year and ‘Kung Fu Jungle’ sometime in early 2015.
Which project are you most looking forward to? Comment below!
UPDATE: Judging by how CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON 2 is set to start production on JULY 20th in New Zealand and China, its looks like those images shared by DONNIE YEN is most likely from the set of this film rather than ‘The Master’.